The awards celebrate the achievements of young people in Nottinghamshire and provide an opportunity to hear about the good things they do. Take a moment to nominate a young person who deserves recognition. Scroll down to browse categories or click on the image to visit the website and nominate.
Click on the image to visit the website and nominate
• Lyrico Steede Award = Named after the Bulwell teenager who was murdered in 2018. Goes to a young person who may have been involved in gangs, knife crime or any other forms of criminality but has made significant progress and is inspiring others to make positive decisions and better life choices.
• Rising Above Adversity Award = Goes to a young person that despite their background or upbringing they are an inspiration to other young people. The young person may have been highlighted as a child who has been in care, faced bereavement, trauma or other adverse childhood experiences.
• Young Leader of the Year Award = Goes to a young person who is leading by example and is a role model to their peers and other young people through student, sports or youth work.
• Young Performer of the Year Award = Goes to a young person who has displayed amazing talent. For this category we want to see dancing, singing, rapping, acting drawing or anything else creative.
• Bringing People together Award = Goes to a young person who has tried to bring the community together or fought to eradicate hate or racism.
• Young Inspiration Award = Goes to a young person who has done something inspirational during lockdown, shown incredible resilience or done something selfless to help others.